Considering the low cost and easy storage, baby wipes for horses are a must! I always keep a pack at the barn, in the car, and of course at home, and the uses are practically endless. My favorite brand are these Pampers Sensitive Wipes. I do prefer my DIY Homemade Grooming Wipes, but when I don’t have the time, store bought is well worth the convenience.
Here are my Top 10 Uses for Baby Wipes at the Barn:
1. Bit Cleaner – Have a bit covered in dried, green goo from last week’s trail ride? Give it a scrub with a baby wipe. Works much better than a dry cloth!
2. Tack Cleaner – Wipe away dust and dirt from tight spaces for a quick clean.
3. Freshen Up – If your trainer has implemented ‘no stirrup week’ and you’re drenched in sweat, use a baby wipe to freshen up before venturing out in public.
4. Mane Tamer – Flatten a run away mane and get static under control.
5. Sock Cleaner – If your horse has white socks gone brown, a wipe can help clean them up.
6. Face Wipe – Anyone who has ridden in a dusty arena knows how impossibly dirty your face/nose/eyes can get. Baby wipes are also great for removing mascara that has gone astray.
7. Pet Paw Cleaner – My dogs seem to find every puddle at the barn. To help save my car upholstery I always keep them on hand.
8. Boot Shiner – Get a quick, polished look in a few seconds!
9. Coat Brightener – If your horse has a dull, dry coat a wipe can help lift dust and dandruff that a brush won’t remove. Also try my recipe for Homemade Coat Conditioner with Coconut Oil.
10. Dock/Utter/Sheath Cleaner – I find keeping sponges clean and organized is nearly impossible, so these are an easy alternative with no risk of cross-contamination.
I’m sure there’s many I’ve missed! What’s your favorite use for baby wipes at the barn?