10 DIY Tips – Organizing the Barn (Part 2)

10 DIY Tips for Organizing the Barn (Part 2) | Horse Care DIY | Savvy Horsewoman

Continued from 10 DIY Tips – Organizing the Barn (Part 1) << Start here!

Source Unknown

6. Pallet shelf – A re-purposed pallet is perfect for storing equine supplies (is there anything you can’t do with a pallet these days?)

Source Unknown

7. Whip Holder – Secure a piece of PVC pipe to the fence with hose clamps and you’ve got a convenient place to keep your whips. I have two sizes at home; one for lunge whips and one for crops. Now I have one less thing to lose on the way back to the barn!

successful-natural-horsecare.com

8. Overhead Drying Rack -This is a huge space saver. You can keep saddle pads stored this way so they’re always dry and ready to go, and makes it easier to rotate through your collection too.

Source Unknown

9. Velcro Boot Holder – Genius! For less than $10 you can create this practical and cute wall of boots. Savvy Tip – I recommend using a solid wall, not a door (as pictured). I tried the door and my older, worn boots fell off when it closed too hard. These industrial Velcro strips work great for this.

instructables.com/id/Rolling-Saddle-Rack-Cart

10. Rolling Tack Cart – This DIY project is surprisingly simple. The instructions and list of supplies are here. So much better than multiple trips to the tack room, and great for shows or travelling.

What’s your favorite tip for organizing the barn?

10 Comments

1. Sungardner
    March 16, 2014 / 9:39 pm

Brilliant- thanks for the ideas!!I posted this article on both Facebook and Pinterest. : )

2. Savvy Horsewoman
    March 20, 2014 / 10:26 pm

Glad you enjoyed!

3. Anonymous
    August 14, 2014 / 8:29 pm

you have some awesome tips and cant wait to start working on them

4. Anonymous
    March 1, 2015 / 9:00 pm

Could you do another tips for horses page?

5. Anonymous
    August 7, 2015 / 3:13 am

Wow, this is great! I love that you have so many different tips, simple AND CHEAP!! I love love love that! Thanks so much:)

6. Anonymous
    December 31, 2015 / 10:49 am

Suncast stackable recycle bins with lids make great feed bins!

7. Dana Benjamin
    August 31, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Anything that can help me keep my barn organized or that I can recommend to clients is a plus. These are great tips I will be using and sharing for sure! Thank you!

8. Mary Beth Rohaly
    April 3, 2017 / 1:51 pm

Love all these ideas! The rolling cart will come in handy at shows and clinics.

9. Anonymous
    January 2, 2018 / 1:50 pm

I just love these crafts. I do not have my own horse/pony but I recently helped the stables I ride at with redesigning and organising, the stables were messy, we spent the whole summer rebuilding everything. Especially the tack room. It was super helpful to use your organising crafts! Thanks A LOT!!!

10. Alison Bell-Irving
    May 5, 2018 / 5:53 am

Great ideas! Mine is a piece of deer fencing hooked onto the tackroom wall and loads of S-hooks to hang anything and everything. I have the same thing in my trailer. Everything is visible and easily accessible. A long, skinny piece of fencing fixed a little higher on a wall is also good for hanging rugs, using the blanket clips and S-hooks.