6. Pallet shelf – A re-purposed pallet is perfect for storing equine supplies (is there anything you can’t do with a pallet these days?)
7. Whip Holder – Secure a piece of PVC pipe to the fence with hose clamps and you’ve got a convenient place to keep your whips. I have two sizes at home; one for lunge whips and one for crops. Now I have one less thing to lose on the way back to the barn!
8. Overhead Drying Rack -This is a huge space saver. You can keep saddle pads stored this way so they’re always dry and ready to go, and makes it easier to rotate through your collection too.
9. Velcro Boot Holder – Genius! For less than $10 you can create this practical and cute wall of boots. Savvy Tip – I recommend using a solid wall, not a door (as pictured). I tried the door and my older, worn boots fell off when it closed too hard. These industrial Velcro strips work great for this.
10. Rolling Tack Cart – This DIY project is surprisingly simple. The instructions and list of supplies are here. So much better than multiple trips to the tack room, and great for shows or travelling.
What’s your favorite tip for organizing the barn?